My name is Mrs Cox – I have been SENCo for 6/27 years of being in education
- At Strood Academy we welcome children with special educational needs as part of our community and we ensure that all children have an equal opportunity to engage in the curriculum
- Strood Academy are always committed to improving outcomes through high aspirations and expectations for children and young people with SEND
- At Strood Academy we recognise the importance of early identification and assessment of children with special educational needs. We will listen to and address any concerns raised by children and young people themselves. Additionally, SEND parents know their child best and it is important that we listen and understand when parents express concerns about their child’s development.
- At Strood Academy we are committed to effective collaboration between all agencies working with a child and a multi-disciplinary approach to meeting children’s special educational needs. We will actively support the establishment and maintenance of close links with all agencies working with the child
- At Strood Academy we follow the ethos “Every teacher is a teacher of every child or young person including those with SEND” this is achieved through Quality First Teaching.
Some of my Key responsibilities are:
- liaising with potential next providers of education to ensure a student and their parents/carers are informed about options and a smooth transition is planned
- liaising with other schools, educational psychologists, health and social care professionals and independent or voluntary bodies
- coordinating provision, along with a team consisting of specialised support such as councillors, Liaison officers, Teaching Assistants, HLTAs, for children with SEN, including those who have Education and Health Care (EHC) plans
- providing professional guidance and training opportunities to colleagues