Why Strood Academy Sixth Form?
While we put great stress on qualifications, hard work, effort, and academic success, we’re about far more than that. We are here to educate young people in the widest sense, developing the whole person so that all our students realise their full potential.
Leaders of tomorrow
Our aim is to help each individual student succeed in their aspirations and achieve the best possible progress for them as individuals.
We pride ourselves on the high level of care we offer to each student in the pursuit of their individual academic goals. Students come to Strood Academy because they want to succeed academically and personally.
We not only want our students to leave us as rounded, thoughtful, caring and confident adults equipped with the skills and attitudes they need to make a success of their lives, we also want them to be ready to make a positive contribution to society.
We believe in developing each individual to ensure they have academic grades and soft skills to enable them to be successful in their chosen career and throughout their lives. Students are supported through workshops and mentoring in a range of skills that enable them to develop themselves as individuals and lifelong learners. We build confidence and prepare students for academic and future possibilities.
- Maintain a culture of high standards, a shared determination to achieve and a commitment to continuously improve
- Support students to achieve the qualifications they need to succeed, through high-quality teaching and a rich, varied curriculum
- Actively promote a ‘can do’ attitude – our students are resilient and autonomous learners
- Provide a smart, business-like environment where students work with staff on the basis of mutual respect
- Create a culture of success were achievement is rewarded and where individual talents and interests are celebrated
- Deliver personalised next steps guidance – whether that be for Higher Education, training or careers – and work experience that employers really value
- Provide opportunities for students to show leadership and enterprise, to challenge themselves and to grow in confidence as young adults
- Nurture in students the ability to adapt and thrive in the modern world – from technological and communications skills to understanding how industry operates