At Strood Academy we lead a community with a high level of socio-economic disadvantage. High quality education is fundamental to the future success of our pupils.
We aim to break all barriers and disrupt the status quo, to enable our teachers and leaders to focus on one thing and one thing only: providing an exceptional education for every pupil.
We are exceptionally ambitious for all, enabling our pupils the choice in life they truly deserve.
Read our Vision 2028 Statement below
Our collective mission through our small school model ensures our pupils receive a world class IB education which allows them to become highly ambitious, successful citizens who are well positioned to create a better world. We set unapologetically high expectations, challenging our pupils to believe in their ability and have the choice in life they truly deserve. We ensure our pupils are at the forefront of tomorrow. Our pupils believe in the value of their learning journey and are proud of their education. Our parents believe in our mission and work in partnership to achieve excellence. Our staff believe in the transformative power of education.
We explicitly teach our values which are embedded within the heart of our academy. They are central in everything we do. Our academy values provide our framework to enable our journey to excellence.
Be Inquisitive | Be Respectful | Be Resilient | Be Kind
Our stakeholders believe that our agreed foundations are fundamental ingredients for success.
These are the aspects that matter most of all and will remain a constant driver to enable us to achieve Vision 2028.
- We stand by our foundations as they are the very core of all we do in our journey to excellence.
- We hold the highest expectations and embed positive engagement as part of our curriculum
- We teach an ambitious and knowledge rich curriculum
- We inspire every individual to become an active global citizen We are relentless in creating a better world
- We develop strong, collaborative community relations
- We take pride in our safe, nurturing and inclusive learning environment We lead with expertise
- We care about our staff
- We harness the power of technology
- We promote social justice through excellent outcomes for all