Essential advice for Candidates 2021/2022 Examination period
Parents/carers can access their child’s exam timetable through the ‘My Child at School online portal’. Students can access their exam timetable through the student portal. This will appear after the entries deadline in February, and you will be prompted to check.
Please make sure your child can access their timetables. Any problems accessing please contact us.
All mock timetables will be emailed out.
Where and when are my exams?
All examination periods, including mocks, will appear on the Academy Calendar. You will receive your own individual candidate timetable for external examinations. Once you have received your individual candidate timetable, please check your timetable carefully and report any concerns to the Examinations Officer.
RESULT DAY 2022
For the Summer 2022 exam series a “contingency” exam day has been arranged by JCQ and the examination awarding bodies which all students need to be aware of.
This contingency day for GCSE and/or A Level (or equivalent) examinations has been put in place “in the event of widespread, sustained national or local disruption to examinations during the June 2022 examination series.”
The provisional date that has been set aside as the contingency day, is Wednesday 29 June 2022.
This means that all exam candidates must be available to sit exams from the date of their first exam until Wednesday 29 June 2022. This decision is not a school decision and does apply to all candidates in all schools.
Please can all students/parents/carers make a note of the contingency exam date in the event that an awarding body needs to invoke its contingency plan.
When do I need to get to the Academy?
Morning exams start at 9am prompt
Afternoon exams start at 1:30pm prompt (subject to change to 1pm)
Exam Line up will be 15 minutes before this time.
What should I bring?
- Your equipment in a clear pencil case – Black pen, HB pencil, ruler, rubber, sharpener, highlighter. A calculator if required but no lids, maths set (protractor, compass etc) if required
- You may bring a bottle of water in a clear bottle with no label
WHAT SHOULD I NOT BRING
- NO – Mobile phones, Watches, MP3/4 Players
- NO – Potential technological/ Web enables sources of information
- Food, unless you are diabetic in which case please speak to the Examinations Office before your exams about this
- Your coat and bag. Arrangements will be made to store them outside of the examinations rooms.
- No revision notes etc – nothing in your blazer pockets, sweet wrappers/ crisp packets / anything with writing on.
- You will also need to ensure that your hands and arms are free from any notes or writing.
What if I am ill?
- If at all possible you should attend the examination
- If you are unable to due to serious illness you must inform the Academy Attendance Office in the usual way, but also informing them that you are due to sit an exam
- If you are absent due to serious illness you must provide a doctor’s letter, which needs to be given to the Examinations Office within 5 days of the exam missed. The exam board will request this.
What if I am late?
- Do not panic!
- Make sure you telephone the Academy and explain the situation – 01634 717121, giving an expected time of arrival
Can I leave early if I have finished?
No. Candidates leaving early can cause a disturbance that is unfair to others in the exam.
Please note that afternoon examinations may finish after the end of school so candidates may need to make arrangements to get home if you normally use the buses.
All Certificates arrive by November 2022. Arrangements for collection will be made at a later date, normally early December.
- Once you have your Certificates please do not lose them. The examination boards will charge you for replacements.
- We are unable to post your Certificates home, collection only
If you have any queries or need help or advice at any time before, during or after examinations please contact:
Examinations Officer: Julie Towes
January 2022 – Exam Period (Internal Mocks for Year 13 and External Exams)
This PDF document is not accessible. If you use assistive technology, such as a screen reader, and require an accessible version of this document, please email: email@example.com
Other Helpful Links
- JCQ: Information for candidates – Coursework Assessments 2021/22
- JCQ: Information for candidates – Onscreen Tests 2021/22
- JCQ: Information for candidates – Non-Examination Assessments 2021/22
- JCQ: Information for candidates – Privacy Notice 2021/22
- JCQ: Information for candidates – Using Social Media and Examinations/Assessments 2021/22
- JCQ: Information for candidates – Written Examinations 2021/22
- JCQ – Warning to Candidates 2021/22
- JCQ – No Mobile Phones Poster 2021/22
- IB Items Not Permitted
- IB Notice to Candidates
These PDF documents are not accessible. If you use assistive technology, such as a screen reader, and require accessible versions of these documents, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org