Strood Academy Sixth Formers are required to represent the academy at all times and act as role models to our younger students. This includes wearing professional dress at all times.
Male Sixth Form students are expected to wear the following anywhere on the school premises:
- Full suit
- Formal trousers
- Formal Shirt – plain colour and style
- Tie (of own choice, but of appropriate style and colour)
- Formal plain, polishable shoes (no trainers or canvas shoes – Vans, Converse or similar)
- Smart V-neck or round neck jumpers and waistcoats may also be worn underneath a blazer or on their own with a shirt and tie.
Female Sixth Form students are expected to wear the following anywhere on school premises:
- Formal skirt (just above the knee), Formal dress or Formal trousers
- Blouse or shirt – no low cut, bare shoulders or backs. Bra straps and midriffs should not be visible.
- Formal plain, polishable shoes (no trainers or canvas shoes – Vans, Converse or similar. No flip-flops or Ugg boots).
- Smart V-neck or round neck jumpers and waistcoats may also be worn underneath a blazer or on their own with a shirt.
- Lanyards must be worn and visible at all times.
- Tattoos must not be visible.
- Hair styles must be in an appropriate style with no extreme styling or designs of hair and hair should be of a natural colour; e.g. no lines/patterns/mohicans/bright colour hair dye.
- No facial piercings.
- Jewellery and make-up must be discreet and not excessive (no fake lashes or tans).
- Denim and leather or imitation leather (apart from shoes or bags) are not permitted.
- Outdoor clothes (jackets, scarves, hats) should not be worn around the building.
- Mobile phones and headphones must not be used around the school building.
- No polo shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, no roll necks or high neck jumpers, ‘lumberjack’ style shirts, leggings of any style or jeans/jean-style trousers.
The final decision of what is deemed appropriate falls with Ms Nasim and Miss Bartlett. If your attire is not appropriate you will be asked to adjust your dress or go home to change and return.