At Strood academy we are delighted to be celebrating another successful academic year with our student outcomes once again demonstrating continued success, which is in contrast to the national picture. Despite the challenges that students faced which included the pandemic, lockdowns and online learning, we are extremely proud of the results that students have achieved in their first round of public examinations for 2022.
Students at Strood academy have shown incredible resilience and dedication to their studies which has enabled them to continue their pathway to the university or career of their choice.
Subjects that achieved 100% pass this year include- art and design, chemistry, English literature, media, photography, politics, product design, applied science, finance, sport and business.
- sports achieved 75% Distinction* photography and product design achieved 100% A*-C
Other notable success included:
- English literature- 86% A*- C
- media 78% A* – C
- Politics 67* A*- C
As an IB World school, the academy has also celebrated our best ever International Baccalaureate results this year with us having the highest average grades across the Trust and grades above International Average, demonstrating our continued success within our strong 6th form provision.
We would like to wish our students the very best for their future pathways which include destinations to universities, apprenticeships and employment. We are immensely proud of them and wish them all the success for their future. For those students choosing university, 98% have been able to secure their place of first choice which includes studying Law, English literature, Social science and international relations. Some students have been able to secure apprenticeships within our own Trust allowing us to retain our talented students, we also have some go on to apprenticeships in the Crown Prosecution Services.
Some individual successes include:
- William attained an A* and 2 A grades in biology, chemistry and maths and will be furthering his studies in medicine after a gap year.
- Amie attained A, A , B sociology, psychology and english going on to University to study English literature.
- Connor achieved B grades in media and Sociology, going on to study film and media at Canterbury Christchurch University.
- Kaitland achieved a distinction in applied science, an A in fine art and a distinction* in sport and is now able to go to Canterbury Christchurch University.
- Jack obtained a 3d design grade B, finance grade B, geography IB grade 6.
- Beth attained B,B B in history, politics and sociology and is furthering her studies in history at the University of Kent.
- Ellie achieved distinction in business, B in sociology and B in finance going on to Canterbury Christchurch University
- Gloria achieved a distinction in applied law and business and is furthering her studies in law at Aston University.
- Hannah secured a B grade in 3d design, an A grade in sociology and an IB grade 5 in geography, she is now going on to study social sciences at University of Kent.
- Madeleine achieved a grade A in sociology, an IB grade 6 in geography and is now going on to Portsmouth University to study International relations.
- Jasmin obtained a psychology grade B, sociology grade A and biology grade C and is now going to University of Greenwich.
Numera Anwar Principal Strood academy:
“I am immensely proud of the outcomes for this year as they are a true testament to the hard work and dedication of our staff, students and families who have remained committed to achieving the very best results for our young students. I am delighted that students now have the currency to go on to their future pathways such as University, Apprenticeship or Employment. We are incredibly proud that these results represent exceptional outcomes for our 6th form provision and young students, ensuring their success in the future.
Congratulations to all our students and on behalf of the whole Strood Academy we wish you the very best for the future!”