We are really pleased to share our GCSE results at Strood Academy in recognition of the students’ hard work.
This year’s cohort of students have faced more educational disruption than any previous generations and the impact of the pandemic has also hit some students harder than others both locally and nationally, impacting their learning in various ways.
Despite the many challenges that our staff and students have been faced with over the last two years, our students have shown immense grit, resilience and determination to achieve a pleasing set of results.
We are exceptionally proud of our students and their ability to cope with the increased pressures they have faced during their GCSE studies. We want to take this opportunity to recognise the remarkable achievements of all our students and we look forward to welcoming many of them back to our outstanding sixth-form, where they will continue to flourish in an environment they know so well and where they have experienced many successes already.
The percentage of students achieving a good pass (Grade 5 and above) in both English and maths showed a marked improvement since our 2019 results, when we last had public examinations. This is a fantastic outcome considering all the challenges faced and also means that our students can go on to the next stage of their academic journey with a firm foundation in place. Amongst the percentage of higher grades increasing for English and Maths from 2019, we have also had some wonderful outcomes with many of our non core subjects noted below:
- Art 100% grades 9-4 and 91.3% grades 9-5
- Spanish achieving 72% grades 9-4 and 65% grades 9-5
- 3D design achieving 87.8% grades 9-4
- Performing arts 91% level 2 pass- level 2D*
- Photography achieving 80% grades 9-4
We have had some exceptional results this year and whilst all our students deserve to be celebrated, the following students deserve a special recognition for achieving outstanding grades:
- Anna – English language 8, English literature 8, enterprise L2D, geography 7, maths 8, science 9 8, spanish 9.
- Saffron – English language 8, English literature 9, fine art 8, geography 8, maths 7, Science 9 8, Spanish 7.
- Mia – English language 9, English literature 7, fine art 8, food L2D*, maths 7, science 7 7, Spanish 7.
- Kathryn – English language 6, English literature 8, fine art 8, geography 7, health and social care L2D*, maths 7, science 8 7.
- Darcy – English language 7, English literature 6, fine art 7, health and social care L2D* maths 8, science 8 8, Spanish 7.
Our staff, parents and carers deserve a huge ‘thank you’ from us. Our students who would not have achieved such excellent results without their persistence and ongoing support throughout the two years of their studies.
Well done to everyone involved. We wish our students success and happiness in their future journeys from Strood academy! We look forward to seeing many of our students returning to our sixth form from September and continuing their academic journeys with us.