If you believe that a child or young person is at IMMEDIATE risk, you should treat this as an emergency and call the academy, or call 999 to report your concerns to the Police.
Our safeguarding personnel are as follows:
- DSL Designated Safeguarding Lead: Geoff Matthews
- Deputy Child Protection Coordinator: Rob Harvey
- Child Looked After Coordinator: Alastair Kent
- E-Safety Coordinator: Geoff Matthews
- Person responsible for children with medical conditions: Gail Cox
Contact the Strood Academy Safeguarding team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most children enjoy generally happy childhood experiences within their own family. Unfortunately for some this is not the case. During difficult family times, everyone who knows the child must do the best they can to protect them from future harm.
You may be concerned about a child or young person. You may or may not know them, or even their name. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. Abuse can take many different forms, such as neglect, sexual abuse, physical abuse and even emotional abuse.
Don’t assume that someone else will take responsibility and make that phone call. You could help to save a child’s life. If you are worried, report it.
Please contact Specialist Children’s Services or the Police immediately:
Medway Central Duty Team
Telephone: 01634 334 466
Kent Police Child Abuse Investigation Unit
Telephone: 01622 690 690
If you need to advise us of a child or young person moving into Kent from another area, please contact the Safeguarding Unit on 01622 694157.
Links and resources you may find helpful at this time:
- Provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK if you are experiencing a mental health crisis
- If you need urgent help text YM to 85258
- All texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors
- Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.
- If you’re under 19 you can confidentially call, email, or chat online about any problem big or small
Freephone 24h helpline: 0800 1111
- Sign up for a childline account on the website to be able to message a counsellor anytime without using your email address
- Chat 1:1 with an online advisor
Information and advice about social media platforms including instructions on privacy settings, reporting, and blocking.
- For children aged 10 to 25 struggling with anxiety, self-harm or suicidal thoughts.
- Call 07983 136 215 Tues to Thurs 7pm to 11pm
- Facebook: @Emerge.Advocacy
- Instagram: @emergeadv0cacy (the zero is on purpose)
- Website: www.emergeadvocacy.com/isolation-busters